1. What business are you in?
- What makes you unique (to your customer)?
- How does the customer benefit from your unique value prop?
- What is the weakness in their system can you fix?
- How do you close the gap in their system?
2. What’s your “Why”?
This Question comes from Simon Sinek’s “Start with Why”
- Until you know your purpose, you won’t be able to differentiate yourself with your customer.
- What is your purpose?
- What gets you going in the morning?
- What value is your “Why” to your customer?
- How does your “Why” show up to your customer?
- How do you communicate your value to the customer?
3. What problems (pains) do you solve?
All customers buy to solve a pain. What pain do you fix?
4. What stories best tell what problems you solve?
People understand stories best. Keep your story short. 2 minutes is ideal. Use this pattern to tell your story:
- Pain: What problem did your customer have?
- Solution (one sentence). Don’t explain how you solve the problem. Your audience trusts you know how to solve the problem.
- Value: What return on investment did your customer get?
5. Who is your target customer/market?
- What makes your customer different so that you can target the attributes of your ideal customer?
- What makes them the same so you can target a market?
6. How do you reach our target market?
- What media, forms of communication, groups, and relationships get to your target customers and what methods do you need to practice to reach them?